USB drivers.

xania 18:33 12 Nov 05

I have a couple of devices which work very well in my XP environment. I have now acquired an older laptop which has Windows 98 SE installed and for which I have obtained a PCMCIA USB2.0 Cardbus. Trouble is that I can't find any drivers for my USB 2.0 2Gb key or my Maxtor 6 80 Gb external hard disk. Neither the key nor the Hard Disk enclosure indicate a manufactrer. The key merely shows 'My flash' and the number 051CGAS. The Hard Disk enclosure has the manufacturer Sum Sigma (the Greek letter) Vision and the model number U350A. The enclosure only has a bar code label 6901781850065. I've found a German website click here
which actually shows a picture of the box, but can find any drivers to download.

Any ideas how I can get hold of drivers for these devices? If not specifics, are there generic onces whicxh might work?

Carbonara 18:40 12 Nov 05

Your link does not go to a German site, looks like Danish, but there is a link to another site click here which has two downloads for drivers (Driver A and Driver B)near the bottom of the page.

xania 13:04 13 Nov 05

Many thanks for this. In factI've also managed now to find a driver for the External HD. One for the key would be bells and whistles, but I'm now closing this as resolved.

Carbonara 13:54 13 Nov 05

Have a look here click here maybe you can identify your Pen Drive?

xania 18:08 13 Nov 05

Oh. Spot on. Brill. Mmnay thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…