USB driver

shellship 18:17 05 Oct 05

I am trying to transfer some data from a Win 98 machine to my XP using a USB memory stick. My Win 98 machine says it does not have a USB driver even though it has a USB port. Any idea where I can get a driver please.

wolfie3000 18:21 05 Oct 05

what is the make and model number of the usb key?

Monoux 18:29 05 Oct 05

As far as I know Win 98 does not have the 'built in' ability to read usb devices like XP . You would, I believe need to install the drivers for your USB device from the installation CD to get them to work

shellship 18:51 05 Oct 05

Thanks. My friend with the Win 98 machine has the drive now and he doesn't live next door so I don't know model number. However it came from FlashBay and was 512Mb. I have been to their site and have downloaded USB driver for Win 98 and emailed it to my friend. Have to wait and see.

wolfie3000 21:49 05 Oct 05

cool i hope it works out should be fine though

shellship 16:39 08 Feb 06

A bit late but thanks for advice - PJ123 reminded me to show as being resolved - all is well and working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…