USB drive showing 0MB

Mak2000 09:35 AM 11 May 12

My usb drive has got corrupted or something, It now shows 0MB used and 0MB available. It's changed and when try to open it, message appears,'insert disk'. I need to recover the data from it but nothing seems to recognise the drive as usb storage. Can any one help please. Thanks

finerty 09:39 AM 11 May 12

ok try recuva it may help, read the notes with it b4 u proceed

Mak2000 09:59 AM 11 May 12

I tried recuva, but because the drive shows 0MB, Recuva says there's no drive.

KRONOS the First 10:14 AM 11 May 12

What operating system is the PC you are inserting the USB stick in running? The reason for asking I have several USB drives and a couple of them are not recognised by Windows 7 but work perfectly well on an XP PC.

Mak2000 10:58 AM 11 May 12

I've tried with XP, Win7 and Mac. Mac doesn't recognise it at all, windows sees it as a empty CD/card reader.

lotvic 11:51 AM 11 May 12

What make/model is the usb drive? Some of them have a recovery option/diagnostic downloadable from manufacturers website.

wiz-king 12:57 PM 11 May 12

Sounds like the connection(s) from the board to the contacts on the plug have cracked - this is a fairly common problem.

Try it in a little used USB socket to see if it will work, if all else fails then carefully take it apart and re-solder the connections. I have managed to get a couple working that way.

Mak2000 22:48 PM 13 May 12

No, I tried everything but nothing worked. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…