USB DONT LIKE IPOD

sunways 20:06 13 Apr 07

Hi, all my usb ports work fine,with various items, no conflicts in device manager. BUT when i plug in my ipod all i get is device not recognized ...any ideas, has any body had this problem?.......

Totally-braindead 20:08 13 Apr 07

Do you not have to install some software to get an iPod to work?

sunways 20:13 13 Apr 07

i have installed the latest i tunes software,activated my account. new mother board, but all ports work with other devices....

Totally-braindead 20:28 13 Apr 07

Assuming youe USB is working ok, no exclamation marks in device manager try this click here

sunways 21:35 13 Apr 07

I still get usb device not recognised. I have tried repair, and then re-install ipod software but no joy.It seems there are no drivers for ipod shuffle. I dont think it is a usb fault. The ipod connects ok to another pc okay.....

mocha 07:47 14 Apr 07

Did you use the same cable when trying it on different computer's, if not then it could be a faulty cable.

Totally-braindead 15:27 14 Apr 07

Did you try another USB port, one you know is working?

sunways 16:30 14 Apr 07

yes tried all ports' all work but not with ipod! windows says there are no drivers for this device, so i am sure this is the problem, but i have latest software, tied re- installing it. does any one now where in the ipod software the drivers are.

bremner 17:10 14 Apr 07

You say you have installed the latest iTunes software - but have you installed iPod Updater? click here

sunways 09:43 15 Apr 07

ipod updater installed already , cable works on another pc.

sunways 09:47 15 Apr 07

I have come across this click here
but although this may well be the answer i do not feel confident in editing the register....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…