USB Devices Problems

ajm 23:09 06 Sep 05

Having intermittent USB recognition problems with Extrenal USB hard drives. Coincidentally an article in a computer magazine ( not PCA) bought up a similar issue and a solution was made to go to the Microsoft Website click here;en-us;892050

The above link states that whoever has these symptoms should phone Microsoft and apparently they will issue with a hotfix or software download. Due to personal reasons, I find that speaking on the phone very very diffficult. I could not see a email address to contact MS to request if they will support with this issue by email. Very surprised they coud not have the hot fix download available on the.

Philbat 01:49 07 Sep 05

An external drive would need a relatively large amount of power, and I think I read an article once that suggested there were some types of USB ports that could supply more power than the standard one - presumably for devices like external hard disks. I was thinking of getting an external USB hard drive (Staples are currently offering 80GB Western at £49.99 (half price) but I wondered if a USB port could reliably power this? Can anyone throw any light on this please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…