usb devices not recognised

cadoc 16:12 12 Nov 06

I had a crash on my Windows 98 system recently. I carried out a re-boot with my back-up disk and everything came back to normal or so it seemed. The problem is that my pc is not recognising any of my usb devices anymore. (Thta's printer, scanner, digital camera ). Can anybody help ?
Thanks.

Terry Brown 16:19 12 Nov 06

You say a back up disk, is that a full version of Win 98 ?, if not it may not have the necessary drivers on it.
Try this site click here. You could also go to the device manager, and check to see if the usb system has a fault, if so delete then refresh and if the drivers are on your hard drive it should re-install them.
Terry

Totally-braindead 17:36 12 Nov 06

You will need a driver for your motherboard, download SIW or Belarc and one of these should tell you that make/model of your motherboard. Then goto the manufacturers website and download the Windows 98 USB driver.
If you still have the motherboard disk it may well be on that - its worth a look.

cadoc 19:53 13 Nov 06

I found the fault was that the USB controller was disabled in the BIOS set-up. All OK now thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…