USB device unplugged nag

daba 22:57 25 Feb 07

I have a Epson RX620 USB printer with card reader slots - whenever I switch the printer off, even with no cards in the slots, I get the "Unsafe Removal Of Device" nag window, which is annoying.

On the window there is the option to "Show Unplug/Eject Icon in the Taskbar" which is ticked, but I can't get it to appear when ticked.

Is there a way to turn this "unsafe removal" detection off for specific devices, such as the printer ?

woodchip 23:23 25 Feb 07

Instead of just unplugging it, Remove it by right click the icon in the system tray to remove it

daba 23:37 25 Feb 07

There is no Icon...

"On the window there is the option to "Show Unplug/Eject Icon in the Taskbar" which is ticked, but I can't get it to appear when ticked.
"

Never has been with this printer - so I can't remove the device(s) before switching the printer off

daba 23:40 25 Feb 07

PS - forgot to say O/S is Win2K

woodchip 23:41 25 Feb 07

I think the card reader is the problem, Windows tries to manage all drives look in System Restore for the drive letters and disable them

daba 23:42 25 Feb 07

wouldn't that mean I then can't use the slots?

woodchip 23:45 25 Feb 07

No it would just stop windows trying to save data from them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…