USB Device Over Current Problem

RobCharles1981 20:28 07 Aug 09

I recently invested in a New Case which was the Antec 902 I highly recommend it great cable management the lot.

I spent about an hour or so doing the cable Job and I'm adamant that I connected all the front panel Cables correctly.

The Motherboard I have is the Asus Crosshair.

The problem now is the front Panel USB Connector I've connected it in the right port on the board and boots up before it gets to the post screen I get this error message:

"USB Device Over Current Detected Please Remove Over Current Device. System will Shut down In 10 Seconds"

I've never come across this issue before and not with my previous case which was the Antec 900.

Can anyone give me any clues as to what this problem is please?

Thanks

Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 07 Aug 09

The problem now is the front Panel USB Connector

Check your motherboard manual for usb header pinouts some boards are different from others

click here

DieSse 20:34 07 Aug 09

Two possibilities I can think of -

Motherboard headers for USB are not all wired the same - check the motherboard pins carefully against the cable from the front panel.

There could be a short on the case cable.

My bet is on the first of the above.

RobCharles1981 20:42 07 Aug 09

Cheers

Looking at the manual now there are 2 USB Sockets "USB78" and "USB56"

?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:30 07 Aug 09

Eight ports on board each header runs two ports (500mA max per pair)

you will have 4 on rear and two headers to connect to front panels

RobCharles1981 22:28 07 Aug 09

Thanks FB And DiSse For Your Help.

The USB Front Panel Cable was probably on the wrong way around or not in the right location

By checking the USB Cable I was able to determine by checking the cable points to that on the USB on the Motherboard.

I don't have the error no more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…