USB Device Not Recognised WinXp SP2

Paranoid Android 16:30 13 Feb 05

Hi,

I have a LEXAR Jumpdrive sport 256 Mb USB2 flash memory drive. This works perfectly with Windows 2000 and Windowx XP SP1.

However after upgrading to SP2, I keep getting errors when inserting th drive into a USB2 port

"USB Device Not Recognised
One on the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it." It then comes up in Device Manager as an Unknown Device in the USB controllers section.

This does not happen every time, but approx 8-9 times out of 10. If I keep trying, eventually it will 'take'. It doesn't matter which port I use (I have 6). Other devices seem to work OK.

Because it did not seem to have this problem in SP1, I am left thinking that maybe reverting to the SP1 USB2 drivers might help, but I don't know how to do it.

Any ideas ??

Marvin

mgmcc 17:20 13 Feb 05

I believe there can be a problem with SP2 not updating the USB 2.0 drivers correctly when it is installed. Go into Device Manager and use the option to "Update Driver" with the USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller. Windows may then update them correctly if there was a problem.

Paranoid Android 08:33 14 Feb 05

I have uninstalled and re-installed the USB Enhanced Host controller - no improvement.

Thanks Marv.

Gongoozler 08:52 14 Feb 05

Hi marv. I can't offer any advice on this problem, but I have the same Jumpdrive Sport in the 128M variety and it works fine on XP Pro with SP2. Perhaps yours really does have a fault. It could be a marginal timing, and XP2 could be more aggressive in a timeout.

Paranoid Android 10:29 28 Mar 05

Nothing seems to have fixed this. Will see if new mobo cures the problem. Other solution might be bigger PSU (Currently 350W Enermax).

Thanks

Marv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…