USB device not recognised

Bad_Boy1022 15:23 19 Mar 09

HI Guys

I have Dell XOs 720 HC2, a piece of garbage. Dell has changed the motherboard twice already. This cost me ££££. i am very distraught.

Suddenly now tI am getting the message of USB device not recognise. I have unplug all the devices, rebboted, and still this annoying messgae keeps popping up. That garbage vista is cauing that I think.

I have been to device manager, and there's nothing there. The only thing that's happening, the device manager keeps refreshing every sec or so., but there's no yellow exclamation mark in the device mangaer usb tabs. How can I stop this messgae from appearing? even something is wrong. I have 10 internal ports. All the devices are unplugged.

Any help will greatly be appreciated, does it look like a third motherboard from DELL? I really dislike that company, they make junks, and I was a mug who paid £3k :(

Bad_Boy1022 15:33 19 Mar 09

click here

click here

Please see the snapshot, nothing wrong from device manager :(

Taff™ 07:32 20 Mar 09

Lets try something fairly basic. Unplug all the USB devices from your computer and if you have a wireless KB/Mouse set up you`ll need to use a traditional PS2 set. Right click everything under USB (Ports/Hubs/Controllers etc) and uninstall everything. Then reboot and hopefully Vista will re-install all the correct drivers. Then as you plug back individual devices they too will re-install the drivers automatically.

Bad_Boy1022 07:47 20 Mar 09

Hi Taff

do you in device manager, click on every sinle usb port under the usb tab? I still have ps/2 mouse and keyboard that will come handy. I did unplug all the usb devices already, but i did uninstall anything. I do what you said in an hour. Thanks

Taff™ 08:09 20 Mar 09

Yes everything under the USB Serial Bus Controllers.

Bad_Boy1022 11:31 20 Mar 09

Hi Taff

Thanks the prob has been resolved. I will never buy a DELL too, next time, it's really a junk. For thatprice I could have got a Mac Pro :(

Cheers bud

Bad Boy

Taff™ 08:54 21 Mar 09

I`m assuming my advice worked and resolved the situation so how about ticking and clicking resolved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…