USB Device not recognised

andros 19:51 21 May 04

After synchronising my ipaq h3950 PPC with my Vaio laptop successfully for the last 16 months,last monday I connected as usual and got the message 'USB Device not recognised'One of the USB Devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it.I've followed the troubleshooter, bought a new sync cable and tried everything else I could think of but still get the same message.can enyone help?

Andros

stalion 22:40 21 May 04

bummmmmppppp

Als666 20:38 23 Jan 05

USB Device not recognised! I have the same issue as you and am sick of it. I dont know if its a driver issue or what?? I can install a device which will work not problems, but as soon as i turn my pc off and then turn it on again the next day then up pop good old 'USB device not recognised'.
Is there anyone who has the corrective action for this annoying problem?? I have just received my USB Broadband modem and need this issue sorting asap....H E L P!!

Baz48 20:56 23 Jan 05

If you have XP installed, look in the event viewer for the breakdown action and see if it gives an error code for you to look up. You will be automatically directed to the Microsoft site that explains the error. Understanding it is another matter.

I had a similar problem with refusal to transfer via USB with one particular piece of hardware and cured it by doing a repair install. This is quite easy and dosn't interfere with any of your files. You do of course require Windows XP.

Good luck.

Als666 21:03 23 Jan 05

Yea, i have got XP, I'll give your suggestion a blast. Cheers for that, Fingers crossed, eh!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…