USB device conflicts

MJR43 19:08 27 Oct 04

Can anyone tell me why I can use either my Xerox 2400 scanner OR my Canon 250i on my Presario, which has two USB sockets, but I cant use both at the same time as they seem to think that they are both on USB01 ie the same path,although they are physically connected to different sockets.Currently have to scan into PaperportSE,turn off scanner,then turn on printer.Should be able to scan to printer.

ton 22:47 27 Oct 04

Try this, with both devices plugged in and switched on - go to device manager and find them in the list. Highlight each of the two devices and click on remove.

Now restart the PC and windows should find them again and reload the drivers.

MJR43 10:28 28 Oct 04

Will try and post outcome.

MJR43 16:12 29 Oct 04

Thanks .Seems that problem is solved by having both devices connected and switched on at start up,not the way I would normally operate.Havnt checked whether they now work without that prerequisite but I have basis for solving my problem as you suggested.Thankyou for taking the trouble to answer what may seem to many a rather obvious question!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…