//some 3rd party need geo

USB Datalink cable to transfer files

Petulant 15:36 25 Jul 04

I have a desktop on XP and a laptop on XP and initially all I want to do is transfer my music files from one to the other.

I bought a USB Netlink cable which is supposed to allow me to transfer data (Superlink solution)or by switching driver I can share my internet connection (Virtual Network Solution).

Everything seemed to go ok. I used the wizard in XP but it didn't work. I'm going to start from scratch tonight or tomorrow to check I've done it right but in the meantime I wondered if anyone else had used this method successfully and would they recommend it as the simplest method??

dillogs 16:11 25 Jul 04

I used to use datalimk thru usb but found quickest method was to buy an ethernet link cable to link my PC and laptop connected to there respective ethernet ports forming a small local network and use file sharing a lot faster at transfering large files between both machines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…