USB controller drivers

Billy911 23:04 15 Nov 05

I tried to install a webcam (with the CD provided) but it kept saying 'no hardware device found'. I noticed in Device manager that the drivers for the USB controllers weren't installed. Can I install a generic driver or does it have to be a specific one as it said 'manufacturer unknown.' I'm assuming that this is why the webcam won't work.

woodchip 23:10 15 Nov 05

What is your OS, 98 XP or what. Also do you know what chipset is on the motherboard Via,Intel or SIS as you can download drivers if you are on one of the above running XP

Totally-braindead 23:33 15 Nov 05

If the USB ports are the ones connected to the motherboard and not ones that are a seperate card then if you look at the motherboard drivers disk which you should have got with your PC the drivers you want should be on that.

Billy911 11:04 19 Nov 05

Thanks for the advice. It's running XP Pro with integrated USB ports. There's no motherboard CD. The motherboard is an ASROCK. I went to the website but it didn't seem to have any drivers for the particular motherboard.

woodchip 12:17 19 Nov 05

You can get the USB 2 drivers fro Chip ite vis VIA,INTEL,SIS

Billy911 13:51 02 Dec 05

I swapped USB ports with the webcam and printer from the USB hub to the back of the PC (if that makes sense)and now it works! Technology is baffling to say the least.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…