USB controller

Rich84 13:39 12 Apr 03

I am having some difficulty with a major freeze up when saving to my Zip drive. I use a USB connection for Broadband (NTL) and when I reinstalled my Zip following a powercut problem it detected a potential problem, no details, with the controller. When the freeze occurs mprexe is running in the background. Any thoughts on what might be ocurring and possible resolutions?

recap 17:01 12 Apr 03

What is you O/S Rich84?

recap 17:08 12 Apr 03

Have looked around the net and found the following in relation to you rproblem:

Your password list (.pwl) file is damaged.

Delete any PWL file (windows password file) on the computer.

Method:

Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
In the Named box, type *.pwl, and then click Find Now.
Right-click the Username.pwl file, and then click Rename, where Username is the name you use to log on to Windows.
Rename the Username.pwl file to Username.old, and then press ENTER.
Restart Windows.
When your computer restarts, you are prompted for a user name and password. If you want, you can choose to create a null password. If you create a null password, you are no longer prompted to log on when Windows starts. To create a null password, leave the password box blank, click OK, and then click OK to confirm the password.

Hope that fixes the problem Rich84

Rich84 14:11 13 Apr 03

Thanks for your help recap. I think I've resolved the problem now by changing the drive from shared to not-shared. Have had no repetition since. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…