USB Connector problems

BlueBooze77 13:44 24 Sep 08

Hi

I am a novice in this area, so hopefully someone can help me out with this!

I bought a PC about 3 years ago - and over the last year, whenever I try and connect something through a USB port (like a camera, printer or memory stick) my PC does not recognise it! I get the New Hardware Found pop up bubble - but then when I try and go through the steps of the installation wizard, it never completes and works.

Is there anything simple that I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks

Pamy 14:30 24 Sep 08

Hi BlueBooze77, what operating system are you running? XP usually finds it like you describe then says new hardware ready for use, you do not have a wizard

BlueBooze77 14:48 24 Sep 08

Hi Pamy - I am on XP. When I connect something, I get the New Hardware Found bubble - then it goes to an installation wizard - that is when I have the problems - I cannot get any further :(

Do you think I need to update my XP?

Pamy 14:59 24 Sep 08

My XP is fully updated but I would be supprised if that was the problem. I do not get a wizard it just comes up with "hardware installed and ready for use".

Fried~Chips 15:01 24 Sep 08

when a usb 2 device is connected to a USB 1 hub, also Chipset drivers and also known faulty PSU to cause this.

€dstowe 15:02 24 Sep 08

With some things (printers and cameras come to mind) it is important - essential even - to install the software before you connect the USB device. Is this the way you are doing things?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…