//some 3rd party need geo

USB connections on motherboard

jessej 15:27 12 Aug 04

I think this may be one for the hardware techies.
My motherboard is an SUS A7V8X-MX, currently fitted in a case that is a little small for it. The USB Header on the board has connections marked as follows:
USB+5v USB+5v
USB_P5- USB_P6-
USB_P5+ USB_P6+
Grnd Grnd
NC

I have bought a bigger case that has two USB ports on the front, however the cables have different markings. They are:
1 +D
2 +D
1 -D
2 -D
1 +5v
2 +5v
1 Ground
2 Ground

Can anybody tell me how to connect these up please?

cga 15:53 12 Aug 04

I am pretty sure I am right on this but it would be good to wait for confirmation.

USB+5v > 1 +5v

USB+5v > 2 +5v

USB_P5- > 1 -D

USB_P5+ > 1 +D

USB_P6- > 2 -D

USB_P6+ > 2 +D

grnd > 1 Ground

grnd > 2 Ground

Hope this helps

Gongoozler 16:28 12 Aug 04

The IMPORTANT thing to get right is USB +5V connects to a +5V pin, and Ground connects to Ground or 0V. Get these wrong and something is likely to be damaged. -D goes to P5 or P6 -, and +D goes to P5 or P6 -, but if these are wrong no harm will be done. On your motherboard, there are back panel USB connectors, probably USB 1 to 4. Therefore the next 2 are 5 and 6, but as far as the front panel is concerned they are P1 and P2, hence the confusion, and cga is correct in the interpretation.

cga 16:49 12 Aug 04

Absolutely - good warning. It was the signalling (P5/P6) that I was only 99% sure about.

jessej 08:30 13 Aug 04

Very many thanks for your help, I knew I could rely on somebody to come up with the answer.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…