USB connection problem

ProperBo 17:13 20 Sep 03

I have just bought an HP psc 2210 all-in-one (printer, scanner, fax). After installing the software and plugging it in I found that my PC is not acknowledging the fact it is plugged in!
I haven't used the USB ports on the PC before, so I can only assume there is a problem with the ports.
I have checked the status of the ports through Device Manager and it reports that the devices are working properly.
Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?? Please help!!
thanks
Chris

graham√ 17:26 20 Sep 03

Are you turning on the 2210? The comp won't see it unless it's powered up.

keith-236785 17:26 20 Sep 03

did you follow the install instructions very carefully, as hp printers (usb) will not install properly if they are plugged in to start with.

try uninstalling the printer, unplug the usb cable (either end it doesnt matter), start the software install and wait till it tells you to connect the printer.

if followed exactly as the instructions you should then be able to see the printer.

Windows XP seems to work differently and accepts the printer plugged in and installs the software for you.

good luck, post back if you still have problems

ProperBo 19:25 20 Sep 03

tried all of the above and still no luck...frustrating is not the word!!
I've got Windows XP - tried the troubleshooter which suggested uninstalling the usb ports and letting XP reinstall them. This made no difference either!
Any other ideas?
Cheers

square eyes 19:36 20 Sep 03

Hi, i've got a problem also with usb on another thread along with yours, u are not alone :)

I did have 2 usb ports not working due to my error. Does anything else work in the usb port?

When my usb ports went dead, i went into device manager and opend up usb drivers at the bottom and tried to roll back the driver on each one. Only one allowed me to do this and i think it was "via usb enhanced controller" and that activated my 2 usb's again.

try it!

ProperBo 22:33 20 Sep 03

Cheers for that square eyes. Tried it, but still no joy! I saw your thread, it sounds like you've got a beast of a problem too!

Here's hoping someone knows enough to help us out!

I'm getting in touch with my supplier tomorrow to see if it's a common fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…