usb chargers for pda and phone

cyberpharmacist 02:45 17 Sep 03

Hi All,

I am going on traveling and I am carrying my laptop with phone and pda. I am wondering if anyone knows of any places that sells usb charger for fujitsu loox pda and t68i moobile phone.

so all i have to carry is just the usb lead for the devices and one charger for the notebook.

many thanks.

Ping Pong 07:10 17 Sep 03

They are available at your local PCWorld for around £20.

-pops- 07:24 17 Sep 03

Are you convinced of the wisdom of doing this?

I would be very cautious about putting a strain on the USB port such as battery charging. This is not the intention of powered USB ports and it could represent quite a strain on their capabilities.

I have no figures to qualify this but I could easily imagine that the current drain on starting to recharge a pretty much flat battery could exceed the capacity of the 500mA available from the USB connection. Result - failure of the (non-repairable) fuse at the USB port.

cyberpharmacist 12:25 17 Sep 03

-pop-

thanks for your advise, i have never thought of the possibility of blowing the fuse of the usb ports....

is there anywhere that i can find more information about this?

-pops- 12:41 17 Sep 03

Not sure but, I did do it once with unwise intermittent connecting of a Wacom pad. The USB port is totally dead. It is not too much a a problem as there are four more ports on the PCI card. It could be particularly difficult if you don't have extra ports (probable with a laptop).

Can't remember where it was I got the info as to what was likely to have happened but it may have been click here or similar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…