USB Camera Connection Problem

ladyinred 16:13 18 Jun 07

Hello there,
I have a Vivitar X30 camera and am running XP Home with SP2 (and take auto updates).
The camera is meant to be plug and play with XP but doesn't seem to be recognised. I have tried on two different freinds PCs and it works perfectly so I assume the camera and cable are fine.
On my PC when I connect the camera to the PC I get a Windows pop-up advising that this would device would work faster if plugged into a USB 2.0 port (I don't believe I have any of those, and this message was also produced on my friends PC). This seems to imply the camera has been recognised to a degree, however on other PCs the "My Computer" window then shows the camera as a new device from which my photos can be accessed. However on my PC I don't get a "new drive" so I can't access my photos !
I have seen a related article in the forum that relates to power issues and have followed the Vivitar support sites recommendation to disable the "power save" feature on each USB Root Hub.
USB Data Sticks work fine in the same ports as I'm using for the camera. Vivitar support confirm that no device drivers are required for this camera with XP.
Help !!!?

Totally-braindead 16:16 18 Jun 07

Try going into device manager under control panel/system and delete all USB ports then restart your PC. It may not help but will do no harm as when the PC restarts windows will find the new devices(the USB ports you deleted) and will reinstall the USB.
Then try it again and see what it does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple