Usb-cable works with camera&printer but not camera

weedman 13:48 21 Jun 09

I recently had to replace the USB cable that I got with my camera a Kodak Easyshare Z885 and I now find that it works with the camera/printer but will not work with the camera/computer, on trying to use it with the computer the camera will not function and the computer tells me that the usb connection is unidentified and not working, any idea's or help please.

Taff™ 14:14 21 Jun 09

Try switching the power on to the camera?

weedman 15:06 21 Jun 09

Well well I never thought of that!!!! On connecting and after turning on the power the camera's lcd shows up with READING MEMORY CARD and then goe's blank and after that will not respond.

Diemmess 15:15 21 Jun 09

From the Kodak website menu set at can't transfer my pictures to the computer....
click here

Diemmess 15:18 21 Jun 09

Checking that link ...

Menu has gone back 2 steps. I clicked digital camera and then the series at the next screen.

The suggestion is to load the latest software.

weedman 19:07 21 Jun 09

The problem is not loading the pictures - I can do that with the memory card. What I want to know is why the usb will work with my printer but NOT my computer.

woodchip 19:13 21 Jun 09

When it goes blank, it as loaded to windows as a Removable drive. You can only read see pictures from the folder on that drive. Either from My Computer or Windows Explorer by Pressing Win Key + E then down at the bottom left column

weedman 19:23 21 Jun 09

When it goe's blank a window comes up on the computer with the following,
Usb device not recognised
Usb has malfunctioned
Unknown device- replace device
yet there is nothing wrong with the camera.

woodchip 22:47 21 Jun 09

Try plugging in the turn camera on, you may need to change the way PC looks at the Camera, on some of my cameras and TomTom GPS I have to choose Storage drive to load it, with camera it may need to make the choice as it may also work as a Web cam

woodchip 22:49 21 Jun 09

Check for the above on camera Lcd not PC monitor

weedman 11:24 22 Jun 09

The firm I got the usb from have suggested that I should turn of my Anti-virus to see if that helps- is this a wise decision or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…