USB Cable Modem - Driver or not?

billyliv 22:14 09 Sep 03

Hi, Am I correct in thinking that a USB Cable Modem doesn't need drivers as it should be Plug and Play. A friend who is trying to re-instal his NTL broadband cant get on because his computer keeps saying that Windows has found new hardware and is looking for the software to set it up. Needless to say the drivers cant be found.
Cheers, Bill ( A computer Technician formatted his hard drive and left it at that)

jimv7 22:27 09 Sep 03

It does need drivers, plug and play like this only happens once the correct drivers are installed.

madPentium 23:05 09 Sep 03

NTL actually give you an installation cd. You run the setup cd and when it tells you, you plug the modem into the usb port.

Hitch-Hiker 00:10 10 Sep 03

I do not use NTL I use Blueyonder and that came with the installation cd that is required to use the usb port.

Ask/contact NLT for more support if poss.

billyliv 06:01 10 Sep 03

Hi All, Thanks, He has the NTL installation disc but the set up will not pick up the cable modem driver. I suggested he grins and bears it and contacts the Cable Modem support at NTL. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…