USB-BROADBAND and Fax

HondaMan 16:15 13 Nov 03

Since installing a BT Voyager 100 ADSL broadband USB modem I have been unsble to send faxes. My old %^k modem was removed.

Does anyone know if it is possible to send faxes via this modem and if not, whether there is a USB modem which will.

Many thanks in anticipation

keenan 16:27 13 Nov 03

You will not be able to send a fax via your adsl modem.You will need a dial-up modem installed to do this.

DieSse 16:35 13 Nov 03

As keenan said - this is just not possible, as broadband is not on the dial up network.

You can use an email-to-fax service however. There are two types - incoming only, which you may find a free service for - try efax click here

You can pay, and get the sending service also.

I have used the efax free incomng service for about 5 years - it's great even if you have an analogue modem, as you don't need to keep your system on to get your faxes.

keenan 16:36 13 Nov 03
  HondaMan 16:37 13 Nov 03

Many thanks guys. I was afraid that was what you would say. Guess I'll have to put the old modem back in as well !!

keenan 16:46 13 Nov 03

Another free fax to email service for receiving only
click here

kbo64 02:40 14 Nov 03

G'day Mate,
If it's not to late, broadband allows you to surf and make a normal phone call at the same time. Why not just have a separate fax/ phone ?

Best wishes
KBO

accord 06:03 14 Nov 03

another email fax service is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced