USB Blues

birkdalite 21:00 17 Jun 03

T'would seem that almost every time I use a USB device i receive a message to the effect that either the appliance is already in use or is not connected properly. They even disappear from the device manager, although a full array of USB controllers is shown (12).so that at any one time either my Epson 925 printer, my Epson 1650 scanner or my filn 2000 sscanner ( or all of them )are not functioning and require to be uninstalled/installed, which sometimes takes several tries. If there was some other way of connecting these units I would willingly sacrifice the speed??? of Usb for something more reliable. My m/board is Gigabyte with 4 USB ports and 2 from the tower unit
Can anyone please suggest an answer, apart from throwing the whole b***** lot in the bin, which at the moment is getting to be an option.
Come on guys help me out once again please!!!

Agent Smith 21:12 17 Jun 03

Loose connection possibly? Try to re-seat connectors on MoBo. I suggest this because if all of your devices are playing up you need to go to the common denominator.

jazzypop 21:37 17 Jun 03

Which Gigabyte mobo?

birkdalite 22:04 17 Jun 03

Agentsmith yes cons on board checked ok.
Jazzypop GA_TVAXP ULTRA K7 400 TRITON

jazzypop 21:11 18 Jun 03

Do you mean the GA-7VAXP Ultra with VIA KT400 chipset at click here ?

It seems that quite a few people are having problems with USB and this board - see click here

The only fix that I can see is installing SP1

birkdalite 08:20 19 Jun 03

Jazzypop Thanks for your follow up, good to know when the cause may not be due to one's own error. My m/b is the ultra, and I have SP1 loaded, so I shall now see if I can get any joy from Gigabyte! regards Roy

The Spires 08:24 19 Jun 03

Have you considered a USB PCI card, even the BUSB 2 versions are only 12 quid or so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5