USB Blues

birkdalite 21:00 17 Jun 03

T'would seem that almost every time I use a USB device i receive a message to the effect that either the appliance is already in use or is not connected properly. They even disappear from the device manager, although a full array of USB controllers is shown (12).so that at any one time either my Epson 925 printer, my Epson 1650 scanner or my filn 2000 sscanner ( or all of them )are not functioning and require to be uninstalled/installed, which sometimes takes several tries. If there was some other way of connecting these units I would willingly sacrifice the speed??? of Usb for something more reliable. My m/board is Gigabyte with 4 USB ports and 2 from the tower unit
Can anyone please suggest an answer, apart from throwing the whole b***** lot in the bin, which at the moment is getting to be an option.
Come on guys help me out once again please!!!

Agent Smith 21:12 17 Jun 03

Loose connection possibly? Try to re-seat connectors on MoBo. I suggest this because if all of your devices are playing up you need to go to the common denominator.

jazzypop 21:37 17 Jun 03

Which Gigabyte mobo?

birkdalite 22:04 17 Jun 03

Agentsmith yes cons on board checked ok.
Jazzypop GA_TVAXP ULTRA K7 400 TRITON

jazzypop 21:11 18 Jun 03

Do you mean the GA-7VAXP Ultra with VIA KT400 chipset at click here ?

It seems that quite a few people are having problems with USB and this board - see click here

The only fix that I can see is installing SP1

birkdalite 08:20 19 Jun 03

Jazzypop Thanks for your follow up, good to know when the cause may not be due to one's own error. My m/b is the ultra, and I have SP1 loaded, so I shall now see if I can get any joy from Gigabyte! regards Roy

The Spires 08:24 19 Jun 03

Have you considered a USB PCI card, even the BUSB 2 versions are only 12 quid or so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…