USB BB Modem v BB Router

khaki_avenger 14:23 11 Jun 04

Just a quick query.. Im currently using an alcatel USB BB Modem and have used this piece of hardware for the last two years.

I'm thinking of ugrading the modem and would like to know if i could use a BB router instead of a USB Modem.

I'm currently with BT and if i can would like to stay with BT so is this possible? or would i be required to move in order to use a BB router

byfordr 14:37 11 Jun 04

Personally would recommend a all-in-one unit. Something like Netgear DG834G if you want wireless (£90 including free adapter)click here or DG834 for wired (four ports) click here

click here is good for all brands of kit.

Ditch the usb modem. There are no problems with using routers and BT. The only reason it may be worth moving is price (BT is expensive) click here

R

Graham ® 14:39 11 Jun 04

If the broadband router has a modem, yes you could use one. But you only need a router to connect more than one computer to broadband. If your current modem is working OK, I would stay with it.

khaki_avenger 14:57 11 Jun 04

for the advice guys

Andy 999 16:40 11 Jun 04

hey, wheres the best place for hubs and routers?

byfordr 12:03 12 Jun 04

Varies on the day.

I normally find one of these click here click here click here click here

Alternately run what you want through
click here click here click here click here

HTH

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…