Usb adaptor slots problem

portofcall 12:32 02 Aug 07

As to earlier question; the slots for sound card, video card etc are located (once side cover on computer is open) on the right side of the tower case (looking from front of computer). I want to add a 5 port Usb 2.0 pci adaptor which should be an easy procedure to install. But, I don't seem able to source a unit that has the pins lined up to plug into slot with the slot being located on the right side of the computer. Now, unless I'm missing something in the translation, how do you plug a left pinned usb pci adaptor into a right slotted contact point? Thanks, Skip

hssutton 12:39 02 Aug 07

What motherboard are you using?

Technotiger 12:40 02 Aug 07

Please stick to one thread ... I will put this as a link in your original thread - otherwise confusion reigns!

keef66 13:10 02 Aug 07

You are clearly missing something. All pc's are arranged this way, and any pci card you choose will fit in one of your pci expansion slots. The confusing thing is that the circuits on the card then face downwards, but the metal back plate with the connectors will line up with the slot on the back of your pc and you can screw it in to secure it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now