usb adaptor

swanny2 11:19 26 Dec 07

ive just bought a electric usbadaptor..
its called a Switched Mode AC to DC adaptor for usb devices .what i,d like too know is how do they work?it just plugs into the mains ,then theres 2 usb port sockets on the end,so how can i connect a say keyboard or camera into it when its not connected too the Pc.. thx

anskyber 12:45 26 Dec 07

Can you help with make and model details please?

swanny2 12:55 26 Dec 07

yes its a Maplin voltage 5vx2
current 1.0ax2
coden69cx.

Pamy 13:11 26 Dec 07

Why would you buy something that you do not know what it is for?

Pamy 13:11 26 Dec 07

Why would you buy something that you do not know what it is for?

Pamy 13:18 26 Dec 07

It would seam to me that it is an AC power converter to DC with USB conectors. You can therefore say, charge up the battery of a USB device from a mains socket. (Not have to connect the USB device to your computer.)

Devil Fish 13:22 26 Dec 07

sounds to me like you have a usb devices power supply/charger that doesn't need to connect the pc

ie like my mobile phone can be charged via the usb ports on my pc or maybe an mp3 player sounds like your device takes that away from the pc

namtas 13:47 26 Dec 07
  swanny2 13:54 26 Dec 07

i asked me wife get a me usb adaptor as i only have 2 workin on me pc,an i have too keep unplugging me keyboard or mouse too connect,but if this adaptor goes into the mains as u said,how can it work something if i plug me keyboard into it,and its not connected too the pc.
thats all i need know.. lol.
sorry for the ignorance pc iliterate. :O(

Pamy 14:04 26 Dec 07

,but if this adaptor goes into the mains as u said,how can it work something if i plug me keyboard into it,and its not connected too the pc.
thats all i need know.. lol.
In a word or two.. it cannot

Pamy 14:09 26 Dec 07

18Extra Value 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub with Multi colour Port and Power Supply
Found in: USB / Firewire / I/O»USB Hubs & Devices
QuickFind Code: 88019 | Mfr part #: 96117
(18 reviews) Extra Value 234 £2.97
ex vat
£3.49
inc vat
Was £5.94
Was £6.98
Saving £2.97
Saving £3.49
This is what you want from Ebuyer or maybe your local Pound Shop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…