USB

paddy 10:49 14 Jan 03
  paddy 10:49 14 Jan 03

I have 2 usb ports on my desktop when I install my camera or scanner using these ports it will not reconise them, therfore it wont download my pictures etc.,
But when I install my printer using the same ports everything works ok.

Any ideas?

Diemmess 11:21 14 Jan 03

Hope this isn't a silly question, but you have installed the camera and scanner software?

It may just be that you should bear in mind which port is dedicated to which device.

paddy 11:59 14 Jan 03

Yes I have installed the software for each device,
this is ok,it also tells me that new hardware had been reconized, then that it has been installed,
but I am not able to downland, I get a window saying that camera or scanner has not been found
Thank you

Mac & Beth 12:01 14 Jan 03

Are the Ports built into your PC or on a hub?

paddy 12:05 14 Jan 03

They built into my PC
Thank you

BRYNIT 12:27 14 Jan 03

may be another silly question but have you turned the camera to pC mode

paddy 14:22 14 Jan 03

yes

Diemmess 16:20 14 Jan 03

Can only speak as a W98SE user......In My Computer - does the camera show as a removable drive? (this is what I see when the camera is plugged in and set to the correct mode)

If it doesn't then I feel the computer is telling porkys, and it has to be an installation problem.

Can you try uninstalling both scanner and camera software. Reboot without either device plugged in and then reinstall say just the camera software.

Reboot again then plug in the camera, switch to the PC mode and see what happens this time.

paddy 16:27 14 Jan 03

Thank you for your response.
Yes I have already done as you say, but still the same result.
(Device not reconised) therefore unable to download.

powerless 16:30 14 Jan 03

What operating system are you using and what camera and scanner do you have?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac