USB

Riccall One 16:32 18 Dec 06

I am working on Windows 98 and due to some alterations I needs more ports on USB. The first I bought from Argos did not work on Windows 98 I returned it a exchanged it for a Cable & Wireless Hub which showed 98/98SE/Me/2000/XP this was also shown in the Argos Catalouge. When I try to load it I get the message that it is not compatable with Windows 98 it requires 98SE and above. I spoke to Argos who did not seem interested, Cable & Wireless are handled by Alba who's help line you can not get through to. I emailed their customer care and after several email was told to ring the Helpline Yes that the one you can not get through to. Any one know of a hum that will work on Windows 98 Please.

xania 16:41 18 Dec 06

SDO far as I am aware Windows 98 does not support USB - although it sometimes works, it will let you down if you try anything clever. Upgrading to SE is now very cheap and well worth while if you don't want to go the XP route.

click here

Totally-braindead 16:51 18 Dec 06

Agree with xania you need at least Win98SE.
Gone and checked out a few USB cards on websites and all state you need the SE version.

Riccall One 17:12 18 Dec 06

Thanks for the help, I have both my printer and Scanner and Broadband all connected to my USB port and all work perfectly. I think I will just have to exchange the things I want to work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…