USB 256mb flash drive and Win XP Home Edition

Durko 16:30 25 Apr 04

Just purchased a usb 256mb integral flash drive for copying/transfering files from home/work computer and vice versa.

Running Win XP home edition and followed instructions: placed small cd provided in to cdrw and went to select install/remove driver to begin driver installation. Recognised ok and then indicates warning no need to install driver for win xp. So I click ok and it just returns to the installation menu but no request to plug in flash drive or message recognising new hardware.

Sorry for the waffle but could anyone advise what I'm doing wrong?

Williamw 16:40 25 Apr 04

There is no need to install drivers for flash drives on computers installed with Operating systems newer than win98. You can just plug the flash drive in and it should automatically be recognised. The drive should show up in windows explorer as a removable drive.

anchor 17:19 25 Apr 04

I received one for my birthday earlier this month. As soon as I plugged it in it was immediately recognised, and I had the new drive showing. As stated above, you do not need any extra drivers.

Forget the small CD; just plug the flash drive in.

ps: I am running XP-Pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…