USB 2.0 WON'T WORK

Graphicool1 16:03 01 Oct 08

WINXP HOME, ASUS A7A266 MOBO, 8 (external)USB SLOTS - 4 USB 2.0. (plus an extra internal one) I have SP2 & SP3 installed, but 'NOT' SP1 is it only SP1 that has USB 2.0 Drivers? I bought the USB Card some time ago. Just so I would have them when I felt the need for speed. That time has now come, but everytime I insert a USB 2.0 item into 'ANY' of the USB slots, the message is always the same - 'This *** could perform faster if you put it in a USB 2.0 slot' It then maintains that I have 6? I'm at a total loss. The device manager says everything is fine. I've tried driver update, but it says it can't find a better match. The Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller is Dated:-01/06/2002 & Version:-5.1.2600.0

Technotiger 16:09 01 Oct 08

Perhaps your usb ports need to be refreshed. In Devices un-install ALL usb items. Then re-start your computer.

Graphicool1 16:17 01 Oct 08

Thanks for being so quick to reply. Ill give it a go and let you know.

Graphicool1 17:39 01 Oct 08

Thanks for that Technotiger. Toes crossed, everything seems to be working just fine. Eccept for a slight hiccup with the Wireless Internet connection.
It was doing fine, while it was the only thing plugged into the USB 2.0 card. But as soon as I started adding other devices it switched itself off. So I put the other devices into a hub and that seems to have solved that?
Still, thanks again to you, I haven't received any little messages telling me that a device will perform better if I plugged it into a USB 2.0 slot.
I'm so glad to get that sorted at last. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac