usb 2.0 wireless lan adapter

291146 12:12 04 May 07

my laptop is connected to the internet via an usb
was working fine now everything says its connected signal strength excellent but i cannot get browser or anything, have tried reloading software and also turning off firewall but no joy, the router is working fine on the pc. please not to tech as I am not brilliant with computers

Technotiger 12:23 04 May 07

Hi, had a similar problem with my partners lappie (though not a usb adapter, was wireless connection), quite by chance she found that a simple System Restore got her working ok again. Or you could also try usb adapter in a different usb port.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:30 04 May 07

check wep /wpa key is correct and security is set on laptop and router.

What laptop? what router? what isp?

291146 12:38 04 May 07

tried restore no joy, isp is tesco and laptop is
packard bell easynote L router d link dsl-g604t

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:49 04 May 07

Is your desk top wired or wireless to the router?

try connecting the laptop via ethernet cable to the router and see if you can get on line.

291146 13:03 04 May 07

Fruitbat tried the cable still nothing, not good at this as my son set it all up and it has been working fine for at least a year, sorry to be thick but didn't understand the wep/wap bit.desktop connected to router laptob via usb

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:20 04 May 07

A little confused.

Are you connected by wirless to the router? (signal strength excellent).

or by a USB moden (not router)?

Technotiger 13:22 04 May 07

Have you tried the usb adapter in a different usb port?

291146 13:50 04 May 07

have tried the wireless lan adapter in all usb ports on laptop, nothing!!!
pc is connected via d link router working fine
laptop connected via usb 2.0 802.11g wireless lan adapter. laptop shows network connected, signal strength excellent but when i try to go on line I get the cannot find server message on both firefox and Internet explorer. Hope this is clearer.

Technotiger 14:29 04 May 07

I have Googled your problem, seems that you are not alone, a lot of peeps having exactly the same thing, but I could not see any that had a sure-fire solution. Perhaps if you have a Google you might strike lucky.

291146 14:43 04 May 07

Many thanks will try google

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…