usb 2.0 and Win98SE

kevvyb 13:45 25 Sep 03

I currently have a very good Belkin four port USB 1.1 PCI card.

I would like to upgrade to USB 2.0 as I will be using a compactflash card reader card and transferring lots of image data.

I have a logitech usb mouse and a Brother printer which are USB 1.1 compatible.

Can anyone recommend a similar four port pci card for USB 2.0 that is backwards compatible with USB 1.1 for Win 99SE (if such a thing exists)?? I am currently only finding USB hubs with four ports.

Boluwd 13:55 25 Sep 03

Belkindo a Hi Speed USB 2.0 Upgrade kit which includes a PCI card with two ports and 4 port powered hub. I'm using it with my Win 98SE. (it comes with driver CD)

Djohn 14:03 25 Sep 03

Any of the PCI USB 2.0 cards will be backward compatible with 1.1 If you have the room, you can leave your existing card in your PC and add the new one. Giving you a total of 4 x 1.1 and 4 x 2.0 connectors at the rear.

They will work at their respective speeds. j.

Boluwd 14:04 25 Sep 03

click here

This is an US site but I bought mine from PC world

click here

£60 by the looks of things!

alcudia 14:07 25 Sep 03

I've just bought an Adeptec 4 port PCI USB 2 card from PC World Business for £22.97 + vat

Djohn 14:11 25 Sep 03

As alcudia says, they can be bought from £20.00 to £25.00, I don't think there is any need to pay more than this for a four port card. j.

Got mine from Novatech £10 +VAT
click here

kevvyb 14:23 25 Sep 03

Thanks to all for this.

Are there any pros/cons with regard to pci card or upgrade kit with pci card and powered hub???

kevvyb 14:24 25 Sep 03

Thanks Alcudia

Have you installed yet and on what OS? Any problems?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…