usb 2.0---- what does it mean

leeknight67 21:26 29 May 05

i am very confused my usb controller works on my desktop pc but wont work on my more powerful laptop. could it have something to do with the power provided to the controller. i have read that it may not be usb 2.0 which i have no idea what that means. could you please tell me what the solution is pleae and what to do

VoG II 21:29 29 May 05

P L E A S E

Stick to one thread click here

It is a power issue as you have already been advised (several times).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:32 29 May 05

This is at least the 4th time you have posted about the same thing. Please stay with one thread.

Speed
Without going into any technical detail, USB is broken up into three speed groups;
Low Speed USB1(1.5Mbps), Full Speed USB1.1 (12Mbps), and Hi-Speed USB2 (480Mbps) basically how fast data is tramsferedfrom the device from/to the PC.

Look in contol panel device manager at the USB controllers if you see one with the word "Enhanced" then you have USB2.

Your problem is probably down to the fact that the laptop cannot supply sufficent power through the USB ports (5V at 500mA)to support your device.

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:34 29 May 05

Certain USB devices draw power from the computer via the connection. It may be that your laptop cannot supply enough current to power the device.
It has nothing to do with the processing/graphics power of the laptop but a simple power supply (as in volts and amps) problem. If you have other usb devices connected to the laptop it may help to remove them.

leeknight67 21:41 29 May 05

how do i resolve this power issue are you saying there are no drivers that i can get for it

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:43 29 May 05

thanks for that - the fact that it is a "dual shock" type controller confirms the power supply as being the problem. Seems like he/she doesn't get or doesn't like the answer though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:52 29 May 05

There is nothing anyone can do!!!

leeknight67 21:55 29 May 05

so why does the vibration work on it. surly that takes the most power to make that work!!!

Arthur Scrimshaw 22:03 29 May 05

"that takes the most power to make that work" - yes and there's no power left to run the movement sensors. As FB says there isn't anything you can do apart from buying a non rumble controller.

Big Elf 22:08 29 May 05

With most laptops you can fit a PCMCIA/Cardbus USB card which normally gives 2 or more USB 2.0 ports and more importantly provide a power adapter either to a standard powered 3 pin mains socket or an adapter that draws power from the PS/2 keyboard port.

leeknight67 20:28 30 May 05

if thats the case is there anyway i can disable the duelshock. what if i took the wires out of it. would that mess the whole controller up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…