USB 2.0 Problem

AubreyS 18:15 22 Jul 04

I have just purchased PCI USB 2.0 card for my spare PC running XP Pro. I have installed the card, the card is recognised and various USB 1 devices work ok in it. I plugged my Maxtor USB 2.0 hard drive into it and it isn't seeing it at all. Any ideas anyone?

A.

Diemmess 18:29 22 Jul 04

"I plugged my Maxtor USB 2.0 hard drive into it and it isn't seeing it at all."

I suppose you have given the external disk its own power supply?

AubreyS 18:42 22 Jul 04

Yes it has its own PSU

isca2 18:52 22 Jul 04

I realise that it is no consolation to you, but I have just installed a USB2 PCI card in my PC with a Maxtor One Touch USB external drive as one of 8 USB peripherals attached. It worked under USB 1.1 and is fine in the new card with USB2 so all I can say is that the drive does work with USB2. Have you tried uninstalling and running the software ( drivers ) again and then plugging in the drive ?

alan227 18:53 22 Jul 04

Have you tried it with another cable to check if the one supplied with the drive is ok.

AubreyS 19:01 22 Jul 04

Nuts

I have already tried as you suggested, but it looks like XP has all the correct driver's. I did try using the installation disk that came with the USB 2.0 card, but it made no difference It works fine in my main PC, but not the spare one.

alan227

Yes, I have tried different cables. The cable that came with the hard drive is fine and I'm using it now on my main PC without problems.

Thanks guys.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:33 22 Jul 04

USB2 PCI card Via Chipset?

Couldn't get mine to work until I downloade some USB2 drivers for a Packard Bell (don't ask why)

Drivers from driver download.com

sicknote 21:36 22 Jul 04

Maybe there's some info here that might help you click here

AubreyS 21:31 23 Jul 04

Bump

AubreyS 11:14 24 Jul 04

Bump again

AubreyS 19:05 25 Jul 04

I'm getting a headache from all this bumping!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009