USB 2.0... or not???

tomo6438 11:56 08 Jan 03
  tomo6438 11:56 08 Jan 03

Can anybody tell me if there is a way of discerning whether the USB ports on a computer are USB 2.0 compliant, without the ability to test them using physical peripherals/connections...?? i have tried device manager and such to no avail looking for a simple statement of bandwidth or version... any advice would be great as i want to purchase an external hard drive and firewire would be the better option should they only be 1.1 compliant... thanx.

Patr100 12:11 08 Jan 03

If your PC is say, over a year/eight months old then it it highly unlikely that it has USB2 unless somesome upgraded it by fitting a USB2 PCI card.

tomo6438 17:16 08 Jan 03

no, its an evesham Ti-3 laptop bought in october... but when i called the tech line, they were only partially helpful. the guy who took my call went through the Asus website for the motherboard and when that returned limited results, thats all i recieved. he said that as 2.0 was not specified anywhere, the chances where it wasn't 2.0 compliant as laptops lag behind desktops... but that to me was not an overall answer as you may agree. the motherboard they quoted was an Asus L3800C... but i have had trouble finding this for myself. thanx for replying though.

tomo6438 17:29 08 Jan 03

having found the spec for the motherboard, still no result... click here. any other advice would be gratefully recieved...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…