USB 2.0 Only Recognised as 1.1

wbiggchiefy 23:25 16 Mar 06

Pls Help - My IBM Laptop is supposed to have USB 2.0 (Device manager says so anyway - Under USB controllers - shows Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
But then even as Laptop only has 2 external USB ports it shows 3 further USB Hosy Controllers & 4 USB Root Hubs.
I am a little confused to say the least.
Tried updating drivers but this had no effect.

Chiefy

Hertz Van Rentyl 00:05 17 Mar 06

If you look in the Bios you should see USB enhanced or some such wording is enabled, usually set to high speed. Don't worry about the multitudes of hosts and roots I think all our machines display this information.

wbiggchiefy 00:17 17 Mar 06

Any idea whereabouts in BIOS as I get lost there mate?
Pls try to be specific as I will muck the whole thing up otherwise looking for where I am supposed to be.

Chiefy

goonerbill © ® 09:26 17 Mar 06

can you tell us which model you have chiefy, as bios's are different from make to make and not the same on all laptops.

on another note, if you enter the bios and alter any settings and you are not sure if you have done it correctly, when you exit the bios you will be asked if you wish to save the changes yes or no, just select NO.

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:10 17 Mar 06

Something along these lines, as goonerbill says if you exit without saving changes nothing will have changed.
click here

wbiggchiefy 21:34 17 Mar 06

Thanks guys found it in BIOS (being very careful not to change anything - appears to work perfectly now .

Thanks Again

Chiefy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…