USB 2.0 Not Working

rossgolf 19:00 27 Oct 07

hello. the usb 2.0 is not working on my computer...i have a usb 1.1 also but all of the usb 2.0 cards that slot into the motehrboard ( pci i think corect if im wrong) have not worked i ahve trued about 3 and have updated all drivers could this be a problenm with mother board
amd athlon xp 2000+
1.66 ghz
512 ram
xp pro

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 27 Oct 07

Look in device manager and check you have an Enhanced driver listed ubder the USB heading.

rossgolf 19:03 27 Oct 07

yes i do have that and when i say its not working it comes up with usb devce not recognised" i have tried all the drivers i can find
thank you anyways fruitbat

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:53 27 Oct 07

You may have heard that USB 2.0 is "backward-compatible" with USB 1.0/1.1 (Full-Speed USB). While that's true, USB 1.1 is also forward-compatible with USB 2.0. Whenever a system has USB 2.0 ports, you'll find the "Enhanced" USB controller in Device Manager, but you will also find two other USB controllers.

These two to mantain backward compatibility to USB 1.1 devices. Each USB 2.0 host actually has 3 chips onboard. The USB controller routes signals to the correct controller chip depending on how a device is recognized. Where a device is physically plugged in has no bearing on how it is routed. All ports on a USB 2.0 motherboard can host any USB devices at all as long as the system and devices are healthy.

The vast majority of USB 2.0 devices will work on older PCs and Macs. None should flat-out fail unless there are other issues with the system. Hi-Speed USB devices will revert to Full-Speed operation when connected this way. Understand that Hi-Speed is at least ten times faster than Full-Speed in actual operation, so the speed difference is quite noticeable - unless you have never experienced Hi-Speed, of course

Its not a Dell is it? click here

ian-inhome 19:59 27 Oct 07

Is your motherboard a Gigabyte? I have a Gigabyte GA7zxe. I have given up trying to get USB2 to work after trying everything I can think of . click here

rossgolf 20:29 27 Oct 07

no it isnt a dell
i am going to re install windows any way so that mite sort it
if not...then buger it ill deal with slow transfer speeds until i save enough money to buy a new comp :D
thanx anyways
il keep trying random things to try and get it to work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…