USB 2.0 Mass Storage Device

Gugs 01:00 13 Aug 03

I am trying to install 'the above' It is essentially a USB to EIDE 'plug in' where most types of EIDE device can be connected to the PC externally and data transferred either way - I am trying with a spare Hard Disc which contains data.
The driver appears in the add/remove progs. The Device Manager shows the unit with 'amber' question mark - but going to 'properties' on this entry and trying to re-install driver fails as PC advises unable to find ' delentry.exe ' probably because the driver CD does not auto run.
There is no makers name on the equipment/packing. Uninstal/ re-intall does not help. Any ideas please, I've had enough for one evening. Cheers

ton 02:00 13 Aug 03

With a USB device, you normally need to install the software BEFORE plugging in the device. I would suggest uninstalling the software, remove the device in Device Manager, then restart the PC.
Now install the software again, then plug in the device and windows should now detect it and install it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…