USB 2.0 flash drive

rien 22:21 09 Jan 04

Winxp recognises this OK but when I remove the gadget the computer shuts down. I have tried all the recognised methods for removing hardware but the computer always shuts down. Tried this in Win 98 and it workd fine. for both installing and removing.

Djohn 22:25 09 Jan 04

If there is a light on the pen drive, do you wait for it to stop flashing before removing from USB connector? Also there should be an Icon in your system notification area when the drive is connected.

The Icon is for "Safely remove hardware" try clicking on that and choosing exit or disconnect before removing the drive. j.

rien 23:54 09 Jan 04

No red light flashing when I remove the flash drive. Have used the 'remove hardware icon' but as soon as 'stop' is pressed the computer shuts down and goes into restart mode.

Djohn 12:30 10 Jan 04

Thank you for your e-mail. I was going to re-post in the forum but see you have already placed a similar message.

I'm not quite sure as to why this is happening, as you appear to be disconnecting in the correct way.

This reply will bring you back to the top of page one for others to see. I'm sure someone will have the answer for you. If your post slips off the first page, it's not because others are not looking, just that the one's who may have the answer are not logged on.

If it does though, just make another reply to the same thread and it will come back to the top again. You can type just the word "Refresh" and that will do it for you.

Regards. j.

Big Elf 14:02 10 Jan 04

This site might help click here I'm reading through it now. There's also a Q&A Forum.

Big Elf 14:14 10 Jan 04

Perhaps it might be worth trying this click here

rien 11:04 11 Jan 04

The two sites that Big Elf suggested deal mainly with Win98 and WinME, very little about WinXP.

Big Elf 11:56 11 Jan 04

I spent about an hour yesterday trying to track down your problem but didn't even get close to the cause never mind a solution. It's not necessarily that the answer isn't out there somewhere it's just that there wasn't anything I could find through Google.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…