USB 2.0 card causing XP start problems

Simon258 01:21 14 Oct 04

After installing a new 5-port USB 2.0 PCI card, my Packard Bell I-Connect 1350 running XP+SP1+SP2 gets about 15 seconds into boot, flashes blue and starts to boot again. It did it every time until I moved the card to another PCI slot. All was fine for a couple of days, then it did it again with exactly the same symptoms. I then moved it back to the original slot and it was okay for a number of days, but then did it again. I first installed the card on the same day as as I'd installed SP2. Could it be SP2 or a combination of SP2 and the card?

JonnyTub 09:27 14 Oct 04

try taking the card out and leaving it for a few days, thus eliminating either, the card as the problem if it re-occurs, or sp2 or maybe even
something else.

Simon258 14:19 14 Oct 04

I removed the USB card last night, and the synptoms cleared until I restarted. I left the card out and did a system restore back to a point immediately prior to loading SP2. Again, the sympton cleared for a while then came back.

Earlier, when I first installed SP2 I also downloaded and updated some of my hardware drivers. Does system restore roll those back too? Or could one of them be causing my problems?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…