USB 2.0

jessej 12:37 06 Feb 04

I have recently had the motherboard, etc. upgraded and my computer is now sporting a nice new ASUS A7V8X-MX board with a Athlon XP2200+ CPU. The manual says it supports USB 2.0 but my son-in-law who fitted it seemed to think that 2.0 only applies to the 2 connections on the motherboard and not the 4 accessable ones on the back. As a result he did not install the USB 2.0 driver from the CD. If I install this driver will that make all USB connections 2.0, or am I likely to need a card? My understanding of the manual is that a card is not required and that they will all become 2.0. I have had a look at the ASUS site but I'm none the wiser. I even sent an e-mail to them about it which they have, so far, not replied to. I suppose I should add that I have nothing that will be affected by the change, except possibly for the better.

Indigo 1 12:41 06 Feb 04

USB 2.0 will require drivers to be installed in order to work.

Djohn 12:42 06 Feb 04

I'm reasonably sure it refers to the 4 rear ports as well, and the driver should be installed. j.

jessej 12:58 06 Feb 04

OK, many thanks for your help, I'll install them and see what happens. Needless to say, watch this space if I get into trouble (my middle name)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…