USB 2 Upgrade

peterleemaxwell 10:46 29 Mar 04

Hi,
I run XP Pro., I would like to upgrade to USB 2.
The M.B. has only 4 PCI slots which are all being used. I don't want to change the motherboard but still need the upgrade. Is there anything on the market that will allow me to attach to another part of the board? IDE or anywhere else. Hope to get a reply. Thank You.
Lee

Djohn 11:11 29 Mar 04

Depending on the motherboard there may be a USB2 header on the board itself. Check the manual, if you've not got the manual post the make/model of board and someone will advise.

If you do have the header, you can buy a USB2 front-plate with up to 4 connections. The plate will fit in place of one of your front blanking covers normally used for an optical drive, the wires will then connect onto the header pins. j.

peterleemaxwell 11:45 29 Mar 04

Hi Djohn,
The P.C. I bought was from 'Time' and there was no manual for the M.B. The board has only 3 PCI slots and it is a MSI MS-6382(E). Hope this helps.
Lee

stlucia 13:24 29 Mar 04

That board appears to only have USB 1.1 capability.

peterleemaxwell 13:27 29 Mar 04

Hi stlucia,
Thanks for the info. Appreciated.
Lee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…