USB 2 Root Hubs

ensonricky 00:27 24 Apr 04

I have an ASRock M266A motherboard on A 2.0 GHZ P4 system. My problem is that when I attach USB devices such as pen drives to my front header USB port Windows attempts to install the device but shows it as an unknown device. The same happens with digital cameras. However if I connoct using the rear USB ports the devices are recognised and installed without problem. Any ideas?
Thanks

Derek 08:52 24 Apr 04

I don't know whether your PC is 'home' built or not but it's worth taking a look at the plug points on the mother board.
Your front panel will have a series of wires coming from the USB panel, follow these through and with the help of your motherboard manual, check the positions they occupy on the board.
If you haven't got a manual, go to Google and locate one for either reading or downloading.
If you still have problems then come back.

ensonricky 09:29 24 Apr 04

Thanks for your reply. I do have a motherboard manual for the self built pc. The front connection is a combined audio and 2 usb port. The audio connection works so I know the front panel connection is correct.
The usb connector to the motherbord is also correct as it can only connect in one way.
Any other ideas?

ensonricky 12:25 24 Apr 04

Before I give up in shame.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…