usb 2 Problem...Help Please!

SteveD73 22:11 30 Jan 05

I have just installed a USB 2.0 PCI CARD to enable my Creative v200 MP3 player to work faster. Opened up my PC popped it in and upon rebooting the system detected it and found drivers no problem. Its an XP machine so I did not need to use the drivers supplied on the CD.

However I am still getting the message appear when I attach my v200 that "this device will work faster if connected to a high speed port, please click here for a list of available ports"

So I click upon the link and it takes me to a list of ports. This list includes the USB ports that I have just installed. These are labelled "ENHANCED", which I believe means USB 2.0.
My question is do I have USB 2.0 and if so why am I getting this message urging me to plug to a high speed port? Am confused !!

johnnyrocker 23:47 30 Jan 05

have a look in device manager.

johnny.

billyliv 23:50 30 Jan 05

Hi, You need to go into system information to see if enhanced USB is enabled. It would probably be better if you popped in the software supplied with the PCI card, this will ensure that the proper drivers are installed. Cheers, Bill

mgmcc 00:16 31 Jan 05

<< Its an XP machine so I did not need to use the drivers supplied on the CD >>

It needs to be XP with Service Pack 1 to have native support for USB 2.0

If you have Service Pack 2 installed, try running "Update Drivers" for the USB 2.0 ports as there seems to be a problem with SP2 not updating the drivers properly.

THE TERMINATOR 00:42 31 Jan 05

If it is hardware not supported by windows XP, then you may have to update the drivers from the Makers web site(why didn't you install the drivers from the cd-probably your 1st mistake)....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…