usb 2 power

i currently have usb 1 on my system and the maximum power is 500 mA per port

can anyone tell me what it is for usb2

the reason i ask this, as i have been investigating why my pc freezes, and this started to happen when i installed broadband

the modem is a usb alcatel speedtouch 330.

and i have an abit kt7a (via chipset)

there have been rumours about this modem and via chipsets issues, and they ring true for me.also have found out some information about the power side to usb 1, this modem "can" be troublesome with usb1 because the modem requires 500 mA and usb power is 500 mA, the modem takes all the power and casues the system to freeze this is what i believe.

thats why i'm thinking of buying a usb2 pci card, i need one anyway.or maybe buy a new m/b with usb 2

anyway just wondering what the power is on usb 2,is it greater than 500 mA

Amss81 16:07 09 Nov 03

Whats is the Best firewall to install to prevent popups from the internet?

Amss81 16:08 09 Nov 03

Sorry that was not meant for you

Morpheus? 16:31 09 Nov 03

i run my alcatel BB modem from a Belkin powered hub, has not played up once in two years..

A_World_Maker 16:40 09 Nov 03

Try this one, its the dogs b*****s :-)click here

A_World_Maker 16:41 09 Nov 03

Zonealarm Pro also has its own popup stopper and adwatcher. TweakXP has a popup stopper as well and its free

some people don't seem to have a problem with it, but i am not one of them

all computers are differnet, and i never had this problem before bb exact config using aol and no problems at all..i have since formatted and problem still exists with freezing.and there are known issues with this modem and via chipsets under xp.also read about how this modem sucks the power out of usb 1 and people who have had them same problem with via chipset and usb1 have overcome it by getting a pci usb2 that seems my only option if i cannot sort this myself.i have gone through the process of updating to the latest via chipset,and usb filter with no improvement

i have updated the modem driver and i have removed my 56k modem which was sharing an irq with pci to usb host controller and it hasn't froze yet,but it can freeze at any given time, so i will be staying connected to the internet all night just to see if anything has changed

just would like to know what power the usb2 gives!

is it more than 500 mA?

DieSse 18:18 09 Nov 03

USB2 gives 500mA, just like USB1

DieSse 18:21 09 Nov 03

Should have added - there have been some reported issues with Via chipsets - I've not seen them myself.

So if you do get an add-in card, get one with a non-Via chip on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…