USB 2 Installation....advice.

zinnie 16:20 29 Nov 04

I pan to install a 4-port USB 2 PCI card. I already have installed a 2-port USB 1 PCI card...should I remove this card before I install the USB 2 card, or can I leave it in without any conflict between the cards.
Anyone have any advice !

ACOLYTE 16:23 29 Nov 04

Dont see why it should conflict they basicaly use the same drivers,and if you have enough PCI slots it shouldnt be a problem.But all things being equall this may not be the case,so best to see what e1 else says.

Cook2 16:26 29 Nov 04

I installed a 4 port USB card and left my existing ones, no problems encountered.

woodchip 16:41 29 Nov 04

If you are Win98se or WinME then it will only work as USB1.1 unless you get a card that as USB Win98 Drivers for it to run at USB2

Danoh 16:44 29 Nov 04

Zinnie; please decided which one of the 2 threads you have running on this subject, to retain. Close one or the other off by ticking the resolved button and reference the other thread instead.

This is the other duplicated thread.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…