usb 2 high speed conection

wyvern9 19:18 06 Sep 05

my laptop tell's me l need a usb 2 high speed conection, have tried win updates and download .com to no avail

Stuartli 19:26 06 Sep 05

What are you connecting to it when the request appears?

jack 19:33 06 Sep 05

IF it was your desk top telling you this the simple answer would be get a USB2 PCI card.
USB capability is part of the MoBo and there for I would imagine there is no Download to sort it
Now laptop- take a look in MicroMart [comes out weekly on Thursdays]
All sorts of computing goodies and spares therein.
I would imaigine a pcima card or a usb2 to usb1
dongle could be a possibility.

Eric10 19:38 06 Sep 05

As jack has said, high speed USB 2 is a hardware device that your laptop either has or has not. It is not a software update. Look in Device Manager and if the word 'Enhanced' doesn't appear anywhere under USB then you only have USB 1.1. If you plug a USB 2.0 device into a USB 1.1 port you will get a message saying something to the effect of 'a highspeed device is plugged into a low speed port' although the device should still work, albeit at the slower 1.1 speed. If you only have USB 1.1 you can get a PCMCIA to USB 2.0 adapter that will provide USB 2.0 to your laptop. click here for one example.

Belatucadrus 19:38 06 Sep 05

If your existing USB ports are USB1, then downloads aren't going to make them USB2, you'll need a USB2 adapter card like click here Is it worth it ? Depends what you're using it for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…