usb 2 drivers for xp

Tony 20:25 29 Apr 03

My machine runs well with xp but sp1 caused problems so I reinstalled without sp1. All is fine except - no usb2 drivers.

Can I get the driver from any where without the dreaded sp1?

Thanks for any help.

Andrew P 20:29 29 Apr 03

click here

You should be able to select drivers to download from the 'drivers' section after letting the site scan your computer.

Tony 20:39 29 Apr 03

Unless I am being very dim windows updates will only give usb 2 drivers in sp1. Am I wrong?

Lead 21:06 29 Apr 03

I have just purchased a new ASUS motherboard and the manual states I have to install XP SP1 before installing the USB2 drivers from NVidia.

So it looks likely you need XP SP1 for USB 2.0 support.

Tony 23:01 29 Apr 03

I am still reluctant to mess up with sp1 again and am hoping that someone out there knows were I can get usb2 drivers for win xp without installing sp1 ???????????

DieSse 23:17 29 Apr 03

Every pointer I followed up led back to the Windows update site - so I think your only option is SP1.

SP1 also contains many other important security updates, which you ought to get installed.

I've always found the easy way to install SP1 with no problems is immediately after a clean install of WinXP - never had a problem like this. A pain, but there you are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…