U.S.B. 2 Conversion

wotan 01:47 19 Oct 03

HI , I am using a system with a 2gb AMD processor, 512mb memory running XP Home. I use it mainly for audio copying, (vinyl to C.D.) and photo editing and rebuilding. I am now just getting started on Video editing, using the Pinnacle USB box, which is USB2 compliant. It will run on USB 1, but I am considering installing a USB2 conversion. Has anyone had any experience of this type of conversion? Is it Worth doing when the cam-corder set up is the only USB2 equipment that I use? Can I still use the USB 1 slots already installed or will they be replaced by the new slots?
Any advice or help welcome.
Regards, Wotan

wawadave 05:39 19 Oct 03

if you use a pci usb2 card it will run just fine under xp
m.e-98 may not be able to do usb 2

goonerbill 06:53 19 Oct 03

usb2 is about 10 times faster than usb1. you can use ya camcorder on a usb1 slot.

ya say that ya have a 2gb amd cpu, so you must have either 2600+, 2700+ or higher. if ya have a motherboard that can take a cpu this high it could already have usb2 ports on it. post back ya make of motherboard or check the makers web site.

wotan 01:14 20 Oct 03

Thanks for the feed-back. Goonerbill, I am using my camcorder with the existing usb1, but it is very slow and I am looking for an increase in speed when editing the video. I get a warning message each time I connect up the camera and movie-box to the computer informing me that 'a usb2 device has been detected, but the system is not equipped with usb2 ports, and suggests I take appropriate steps to upgrade the connection'. I will check the motherboard and makers site as you suggest and get back a.s.a.p.
Thanks, Wotan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…